Small orders will generally be shipped by either Purolator or UPS. Larger orders will generally be shipped by one of a number of different LTL carriers. Elias will carefully choose the freight provider for you, basing the decision on past performance of the carrier and also considering your location. If you have a preferred carrier please let an Elias Customer Service Specialist know prior to shipping.
Small orders will generally be shipped by UPS. Larger orders will generally be shipped by one of a number of different LTL carriers. Elias will carefully choose the freight provider for you, basing the decision on past performance of the carrier and also on your location. If you have a preferred carrier please let an Elias Customer Service Specialist know prior to shipping.
FREE shipping is offered for each shipment that qualifies for prepaid freight. If the order does not qualify for prepaid freight, the order will be shipped out prepaid and the freight charge will be added to the Elias invoice. This procedure allows you to take advantage of Elias Woodwork's bulk rates and prevents having to set up accounts at various freight companies. Note: Elias Woodwork reserves the right to charge any Accessorial freight charges by the freight company to your account at a later date.
Prepaid Freight: To qualify for prepaid freight your order must include a minimum of 30 five piece wood cabinet doors.
Note: Some exceptions may apply. Speak to a Customer Service Specialist.
Accessorial charges are extra fees attached to transportation services for duties beyond simply shipping goods from point A to point B. Examples of services and approximate costs are listed below. These examples are only a few of the charges that can occur but they reflect the ones most applicable to our industry. The fees listed will vary between different LTL carriers. If your order qualifies for our $25.00 flat fee shipping, these accessorial charges are not included in the flat rate shipping cost. Elias Woodwork does not discourage the use of the services, but wants you to be aware of any additional costs association with shipping. Please ask your Customer Service Specialist to obtain rates for you prior to your order leaving Elias Woodwork. If your shipment requires a carrier offered service while in transit Elias Woodwork reserves the right to pass on the charge to you as the fee is realized. The following are average prices charged by LTL carriers:
- Call before delivery: $5 - $25
- Power lift-gate: $75 – $125
- Residential delivery: $75 - $125
- Re-delivery of freight: $100 - $150
- Break down skid at delivery: $145
Elias Woodwork packages its product to ensure its arrival to your location free of damage. It is important to inform an Elias Woodwork Customer Service Specialist if you do not have forklift availability. This will determine packaging techniques used for your product so that you are able to receive the product efficiently and it will remain damage free. Most packaging required to ensure the safety of your product is done FREE of CHARGE.
Freight Damage Claims
- Inspect your shipment when it is delivered. Before the delivery driver leaves:
- Look for any damage on the exterior of the package. If any damage is noted, please sign the waybill and add a note: “received but damage noted, subject to further inspection”. If there is room on the waybill, be specific. For example, “side of crate missing” or “crate broken”. Take a photo of the damaged crate or box. Please send your Customer Service Specialist (CSS) an email to let them what happened; include your photo and a copy of the waybill.
- If there is no damage noted to the outside, please sign the waybill: “received, subject to further inspection”. Occasionally damage will occur inside the crate or box from rough handling between our shipping dock and your receiving dock.
- Open all packages and inspect all pieces within one week of receiving your shipment. Count all items to make sure the number of pieces received matches your packing slip included with your shipment. Remember, Elias Woodwork will not be liable for any damages caused by improper handling or storage of our product. Please refer to our warranty information on our website or in our catalog for more information.
- If you are missing an item(s) from your packing slip, please call or email your CSS and reference the line number(s) or product details from your packing slip. Report this as soon as possible to allow for an investigation of item(s) not ordered or left behind on our dock.
- Take photo(s) of any item(s) that have been damaged in transit. Find the corresponding line item(s) and report to your CSS via email. Make sure to include a clear and focused photo of the problem area(s) and a picture of the entire item where applicable so that the problem is obvious. Include photos of damaged packaging where at all possible. Where a short (10-15 seconds) video seems more appropriate, please feel free to send those as well. Requests for replacements without photos as requested will not be covered by Elias Woodwork.
- Transit Damages, Scratches & Dents or Cracks – take your photo from an angle which shows the problem clearly. Make sure that none of these scratches or dents are from knives or improper stacking while unpackaging.
- For any other errors on your shipment, please document with a clear and focused photo and report to your CSS, making sure to include an explanation of the error.
- Open joints or Warping – frequently happens due to environmental causes – please refer to our warranty and specific product handling information on our website or in our catalog for more information regarding tolerances in warping due to size. Keep all products in a humidity-controlled environment at all times. Open joints can occur on doors that have been dropped. Please report and photograph any damages to the structure of the door.
- Wrong Size – using a measuring tape, show in the photo the incorrect measurement. Either metric or standard measuring tapes are acceptable but please make sure to use the same system as the order was placed. (It is recommended, but not required that you start the tape at 1” or 1cm for best accuracy.) Please refer to our warranty information on our website or in our catalog for more information regarding tolerances and sizing. Compare the size measured to the size on the order to verify that size has been ordered and/or entered correctly.
- Wrong Color – take a photo; compare the information from your packing slip and your purchase order to verify that the order was correct and/or entered correctly.
- Out of Square – using a square or tape measuring from opposing corners, include the entire item in the photo if possible, if not send additional photos.
- Warped – lay the item on a flat surface and take your photo from either end. Please refer to our warranty information on our website or in our catalog for more information regarding tolerances in warping due to size.
- Hinge Drilling or Finger Pull error – document the error with a photo and send to your CSS. Make sure to reference the line number from your packing slip.
- All delivery - related problems must be reported no later than four (but preferably within one) week(s) from date of receipt.
** Remember that our product is covered by our warranty to arrive without defect in workmanship and material for a limited time, but does not cover any damages caused by improper handling after delivery and/or installation. Please see the Warranty Section of our website or catalogue for full details on each of our product lines. **